blogging my progress on creating more and consuming less...

.

09 July 2011

{make do and mend} cowboy to cowgirl

Ages ago, Marcus was throwing out a load of button-down shirts. I grabbed most of them for future projects. The majority of them ended up being Dhari's birthday bunting. But I saved this one for me.

{before}

 {after}
I replaced the bottom snap with a pink one from my vast collection of pearl snap buttons (oh, the glorious life of excess I lead, as a bandito maker). I took the pockets off to streamline it a bit. The sleeves became my straps and side panels. I like this top because I've fitted the straps exactly at the point where my bra straps are. And that makes me feel clever. You don't get this with store bought tops. 

And, it looks extra nice with my mended cropped jeans.

No comments:

 
UA-15391129-1