blogging my progress on creating more and consuming less...

.

11 January 2010

New Year, New Blog

One day I will find a blog I like and stick to it. Hopefully that day is today. For the past half a year, I've been blogging on my personal family website, but decided its purpose is photos, videos, podcasts and whatever of family things. I wanted something separate for my creative endeavours. Part of this comes from a quiet, reflective New Year's Eve. Dhari: tucked up in his cot. Marcus and me: watching Jools Holland's Hootenanny and sipping champagne whilst pondering the changes we'd like to make. How could we possibly improve on the already perfect people we so clearly were? Har-har. Marcus settled on Live Positively. I went for Create More and Consume Less. I think we did pretty good. Far more inspiring than: lose 10 pounds; stop smoking (not that either of us do); exercise more; eat only organic, free range, chocolate covered lard...or something. There is, of course, a giant list of subsets that clarify our abstract goals and sound much more like the ones I just criticised. We have decided to call them "aspirations", while the abstract one is the "resolution". This is what happens when you stay in on NYE.

No comments:

 
UA-15391129-1