Grace in small things.
1. Baking. Last night I baked some lemon bars from this recipe (via Pinterest, of course). The flat smelled delightful while we were watching True Blood. Today, I glaze. Tomorrow, I share.
2. Today is an empty day. I don't have to go to work. Marcus has taken Dhari into nursery on his way to work. The flat is clean. I have nothing that absolutely has to be done. It is, therefore, a dangerous day - so full of potential, but potential for what? Productivity? Faffing around on t'interwebs all day? Getting lost in a good book? Basking in the sunshine? It is entirely up to me. I feel so powerful in such a tiny way.
3. We have begun to pack our things into boxes. I was making asparagus risotto for dinner last night and on autopilot, I went to the bookshelf to get The Silver Spoon, only to realise I had packed all the cookbooks away the day before. Not to worry though. I've made that dish so many times I could do it with my eyes closed. But I couldn't really, because I might cut my finger off chopping onions.
4. Marcus, Dhari and I joined the crowd on Monday evening to watch our bit of the Olympic torch relay go by. Living in London is truly a special thing, but only if you have the energy (and lack the cynicism/jadedness) to jump in and take advantage of it.
5. I'm listening to Flight of the Conchords this morning, thanks to a random Facebook thread one of my friends started. Oh I laugh. And laugh. And laughandlaughandlaugh.
A little gem for your enjoyment:
Have you ever been told that you look like a llama?
Tears of a rapper, I'm crying tears of a rapper...
I don't know about you, but I'm crying tears of laughter.