Grace in small things.
1. I think I've finally mastered the making of bias binding tape. I used to hate it, but I'm starting to like it, especially the part where my custom made matchy matchy tape makes the rest of the bunting look so good.
2. Spending £1.30 and getting four "new" books for Dhari at our local FARA charity shop, whilst also offloading a big bag full of Dhari's old stuff in the process. Out with the old, in with the new old.
3. Being inspired by Dana (yet again - jeez woman, your awesomeness might one day become irritating) to take my lame attempts at being eco to another level. I am now constantly on the lookout for new ways to follow my three R's (mainly the first two, because "recycle" is just too easy). Today I cut a couple dry-cleaning bags in half, tied them at the end, and made new little rubbish bags. So now I can reuse them, and reduce my use of actual bin bags. Hey, I didn't say it was groundbreaking. Just better than before. Dana, meanwhile, hasn't taken the trash out in a month - not because she's gross, but because she actually doesn't produce that much waste. Amazing.
4. I have completed every last item requested by Karen for the opening of Beanies Cafe in Croydon! And I did it in a pretty respectable amount of time, considering the snail's pace I usually work at. I'll be dropping it off tomorrow and I can't wait to see how the cafe looks now...yay!
5. I got a new steam iron! I sent the old one to be fixed, because the drain plug had rusted shut (probably my fault, shh) and they just sent me a new one. Woot! This is what excites us 'round these parts.