blogging my progress on creating more and consuming less...

.

04 April 2011

35/365

Grace in small things.

1. A glorious Mother's Day weekend. The weather was kind, Dom and Kristine flew in from Dubai, and somewhere in Portland, Oregon, there is a talented lady making me a dress! I love Etsy.

2. Dhari's Hindi vocabulary is coming along nicely. He can now count to das (ten) and name his fingers: chichi, ungli, ungli, ungli, unguta! I have no idea about the spelling. Hindi uses an entirely different script/alphabet, so I guess it doesn't matter? He has also been going around reciting a little nursery rhyme that Shiv does with him. So cute.

3. Bike riding weather commences. Yes, I am a fair weather cyclist. Mainly because I don't often get the opportunity to hop on my bike anymore (the kiddie seat we bought for Dhari but never used won't work on my fold-up). Back when I cycled to work, I didn't let the rain deter me, simply because I couldn't face doubling the time of my journey by using public transportation. Now I can't wait to cruise down the road in the sunshine, wind in my hair, bug in my eye.

4. I've made my first attempt at amigurumi. I made a carrot. There were some ubiquitous penis-jokes of course. In the end, I assure you, it became a carrot.


Almost good enough to eat. Almost.

5. A while ago, Esther asked me to send her some pink animal bibs. I didn't have any fabric that suited, so was "forced" to buy new fabric, which is one of my favourite things to do. Two out of three have made their way to my door in the last couple days. They are SO cute. And the cutest is yet to come. I can't wait!

No comments:

 
UA-15391129-1