blogging my progress on creating more and consuming less...

.

29 August 2010

twirly, twirly, twirly, twirly, twirly ballerina...

A couple of years ago (when I could get away with wearing body-con dresses from American Apparel, I made a pretty awesome costume that enabled me to be Fire. See?




Oh yeah, and Chanston's and Doug's costumes were pretty good too. Check out Chanston's genius chesthair-piece!

Anyway, I had a bit of pink netting left over (and some red too), so I made a couple tutus. Here's the pink one, smashingly modelled by my cutie niece, Kate. She pretty much fell in love with it, so it's going to be her birthday present. She turns three next week. Happy Birthday Kate!


This tutu has two tiers of netting, the top one folded on itself to make a nice little bubble to hold tiny pink roses. And I added a few ribbons for extra cuteness and a silky white waistband for comfort. Because netting does not feel nice.

I had a bit more of the red fabric, so I made that tutu with three tiers and a few more roses, which I think worked out better in terms of flouncy-ness. Unfortunately, it didn't make it into the suitcase this time around, so it's still in Missouri. I plan to make some more for Etsy, and this time with four tiers (so maybe it won't be so transparent!).

Ah, it felt good to be making stuff again.


No comments:

 
UA-15391129-1