blogging my progress on creating more and consuming less...

.

03 February 2011

24/365

Grace in small things.

1. So, I've saved up some monies, and have decided to go ahead and open Pandora's box. Or a can of worms. Or what-have-you. I am going to actually, really and truly, buy something off my favourites page on Etsy!!! The only problem is, I have THREE pages of favourites and I can't decide what to get? I only have £40. Please help me decide. Just have a look, and then in the comments section, let me know what you think. I need retail therapy, but I want to do it right. Handmade. Or vintage, of course.

2. Today, I stripped Dhari down to his nappy, cranked up the heating, and set him to work on some awesome little sponge-paintings. I'm going to cut them in half now and use them for his very belated thank you cards. He definitely had some fun painting himself and even tasting the paint once or twice.


I got the idea originally from an article at Rhythm of the Home by Jean Van't Hul, which I read ages ago. Then the other day, I saw something similar on Mister Maker (oh, CBeebies...), so decided to give it a try on different colours of craft paper. Next time, I'll most definitely use Jean's suggestion of a stretched canvas. Less likely to tear.

3. Dhari keeps pulling down the Serge Gainsbourg albums. This is fantastic because it means he already has excellent taste in music. "Ooh ooh ooh! Cha cha cha du loup!"

4. Cherry 7up.

5. Florida. Bring it.

No comments:

 
UA-15391129-1